If I’m not on the road, I’m planning when I next can be, and working 5 days a week in a job I have to take holiday from is proving a little claustrophobic. Even worse is the ‘welcome to the real world’ I get when I try to reap sympathy from relatives. No, real world, I reject you, leave me alone for another few years please.
Ironically, I am using 3 months’ worth of holiday to go home for mum’s 50th in May, though that is not to say that I’m not looking forward to it. And during the week I’m there, when everyone is at work, I plan to have a little trip within the trip. Because, doubly ironic, I have met so many travellers here who are waxing lyrical about British cities I’ve never visited, and having spent 3 years studying by the coast, life in a landlocked country has left me dreaming of waves. Cornwall’s calling.
Here are some other travel goals (geographical and figurative) I would like to achieve/reach before the Summer’s out, some already with plans in place;
- Venice with my former host family over May Bank Holiday weekend – how lucky am I?!
- Get me back to Budapest, ASAP! Start picking up a bit of Hungarian too.
- Lake Bled, Slovenia, because we’re just so near and it’s one of my favourite destinations from last summer’s adventure (see Stockholm to Bern month!)
- A festival!
- Host couchsurfers!
- Having heard so many great things, I’m more than ready to explore Barcelona.
- Travel to see friends met on previous travels.
- Munich, this time neither hungover nor drunk. Damn Oktoberfest.
- Poland, or to be more specific, Krakow.
Does anyone have any advice, or anything crucial that’s missing from my list?